Every traveller needs a faithful companion for their adventures in this world of technology and innovation. iCard Digital Wallet is an ideal solution to a carefree and pleasant journey!
The blooming tulips season in the Netherlands is already here, and iCard is excited to give you a couple of reasons to start packing your luggage and visit this wonderland.
Why the Netherlands?
Let’s start with a few reasons why choose this destination:
- The blooming tulips attract millions of tourists every year – their cultivation has a long history, and their beauty is a sight for sore eyes.
- The country hosts one of the oldest types of cheese – gouda – there are various flavours, some of which are produced for tourists specifically.
- The bikes are more than the people there – the Netherlands has great infrastructure for using bicycles as a primary way of transportation, which is a great way to explore the country and also makes urban tourism more budget-friendly.
- There is a lot of everything – windmills, museums, galleries, canals with boats, diverse local and foreign cuisines, as well as cultures from all over the world.
- Travelling within the country is quick and easy – you can visit multiple places in one day due to its small size and well-developed railway system.
- Cash payments barely exist – you can make contactless payments anywhere, which makes the digital wallet extremely handy.
If we already managed to convince you to see the Dutch tulips and to dive into the local and diverse culture, below you will discover the advantages of the digital wallet, which will make your journey to the Netherlands unforgettable.
Paying in various currencies
Travelling and paying with your phone or any other smart device is more than convenient, especially in a country like the lowlands, where cash payments are almost a history. The digital wallet carries an additional key advantage – the possibility to open accounts in different currencies.
Regardless of which plan you choose – Standard, Infinite, or Metal, you can open accounts in 6 currencies – BGN, EUR, GBP, USD, CHF, and RON. We recommend opening one in euros, which is the local currency in the Netherlands. Every card you have in iCard Digital Wallet helps you pay quickly and easily, wherever you are.
Infinite and Metal – taking advantage of every journey
Travelling shouldn’t cause you headaches and shouldn’t carry any obstacles which might stop you from enjoying it to its fullest. iCard offers travel lovers plans and cards which bring many benefits. If you love travelling, too, we have some great news!
Infinite and Metal are the plans that offer access to various VIP airport lounges worldwide, and the entry fee is only 28 euros. Whether you fly in or out of Amsterdam or Eindhoven, both airports’ lounges make the waiting worthy.
Both plans also carry special hotel offers, so you can rest assured that you will have the perfect place to stay. Travel abroad insurance is at your disposal for your safety – it covers all your medical expenses and is always by your side if your luggage gets lost or your flight is cancelled.
Last but not least, Visa Concierge will take care of all your journey requests.
It’s up to you which plan you’ll choose, but we guarantee you a luxurious experience even while waiting for your takeoff.
Managing your money easily
We know that travelling premises high expenses. You can easily control every transaction with iCard Digital Wallet, so you don’t exceed your limits – you have a complete history of everything you do with your account. You can also freeze every card whenever you decide – this guarantees security against fraud and personal control over your money. Our plans offer you high limits, too, so every payment can cover your needs.
We advise you to make a list of all the places you want to visit and everything you plan on buying in advance to get a better idea of the budget you need to set. In case you run out of money, you can top up your wallet in various ways:
- with a debit or credit card;
- via Apple Pay, Google Pay™, or Garmin Pay™;
- via bank transfer;
- via a friend who also uses iCard Digital Wallet.
Paying safely everywhere
Last but not least, the digital wallet’s safety is a priority. Mobile payments are safer, more secure and protected from fraud than card payments – the digital wallet uses your biometrical data, such as facial recognition or fingerprint, which keep your money and transactions safe at any time.
Have you started packing yet?
Download iCard and get ready for your next journey:3